Founded in 1987 by Donna Preiss, The Preiss Company is an industry leader in the sales and development of investment properties. We are proud to be the fourth largest privately-held provider of off-campus housing in the nation and the largest woman-owned owner and operator of private student housing. Our comprehensive portfolio comprises over 17,500 beds in twelve states and 16 markets.
Over our history, The Preiss Company has been the recipient of some of the industry's top awards. We also have been recognized by local and national student housing associations and publications. Our distinctions include:
- Pinnacle Master Award for Steady Growth and Profitability
- Business Leader Magazine's Impact Award
- Student Housing Business Magazine's Best Creative Financing Award
- Student Housing Business Magazine's Innovator Award
- Fast 50 Award
- Metro Bravo Award for Real Estate
- Top sales honors from the Triangle Sales and Marketing Council
- Triangle Business Journal's Top Women-Owned Businesses
- Triangle Business Journal's Top Apartment Property Management Companies
- Apartment Finance Today's "13 Most Creative Deals"
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Network Impact Award
Donna also has been personally recognized for her career and industry achievements:
- Women in Business Award
- Women of Achievement Award
- Business Leader Magazine's Top Entrepreneur Award
- Business Leader Magazine's and Triangle Real Estate Magazine's Impact Triangle Residential Broker Leader
The Preiss Company's success is truly the result of the work performed by all of our dedicated, experienced, and qualified team members. They represent the best that we have to offer and embody the spirit of teamwork and professionalism.
Additionally, our leaders actively participate in organizational leadership roles within the industry with associations such as the National Multi-Family Housing Council (NMHC), Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW), Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM), and Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM).